Jason Farrier Resume
- National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI) Member 1997 - 2008
- NAHI Arizona Chapter Vice President 1998
- NAHI Arizona Chapter President 1999 to 2004
- Phoenix Association of Realtors Member since 1996
- Business Network International Member 1997
- Business Network International Vice President 1999
- Business Network International President 2000 & 2007
- Arizona native for 43 years with extensive network and reputation
- E/O Insured and Bonded
- NAHI, FREA and Arizona State Certified
- Honored Professional in the National Register's Who's Who
- BTR License # 38071
- ROC License #R-48744 and #C-227240
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:Elite Home Inspections, LLC Phoenix, AZ; July 1996 to present. As Owner, I researched requirements for and then started a home Inspection business. In January 1999 I was selected by the City of Avondale to work as the consultant for their Historical Preservation Project in which I would overlook bids and contracts of homes to be restored.
Elite Home Inspections, LLC primary duty is to provide an accurate, detailed report listing any items that will affect the function of the home before closing. This requires investigating and then documenting all structural components, interior and exterior. Inspections include attic, drainage, fireplaces, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, grounds, foundation, basement/crawlspace, roof, trusses, rafters, insulation, electrical, plumbing and built-in appliances. Environmental inspections such as lead dust, soil, water sampling, asbestos and radon are also available at an additional cost.
Since July of 1996 I have completed thousands of inspections and have also worked as an expert witness in three different cases, all three in the State of Arizona. In 2001 I had the opportunity to share my opinion and submit an updated draft of the new Sellers Property Disclosure to the Arizona Association of Realtors that was released in 2002.
Since 1996 I have written several articles regarding residential construction that have been published in newspapers, magazines, trade journals across the country and online at MSN.Money.
From 1999 - 2000 I scheduled the continuing education for the National Association of Home Inspectors Arizona Chapter. In 2002 I worked with the Arizona State Board of Technical Registration dealing with the state licensing of home inspectors. Also in 2002 I completed the National Exam required by the state BTR.
In 2003 I received my license from the state of Arizona for Home Inspection.
In 2004 I stepped down from the National Association of Home Inspectors Arizona Chapter President position to concentrate on my business.
Since starting Elite Home Inspections, LLC I have had the opportunity to visually inspect and document the inside and out of thousands of homes, many of them in Desert Mountain, Troon North, Ancala and many more. In the past 18 years I have gained a wealth of knowledge regarding construction defects that show up 10-20 years after the home is completed.
Using the latest technology available all Home Inspection reports are computer generated, printed on-site and include digital photography. In 2007 I obtained my Arizona General Contractors License as Jay Farrier Development. For pictures of jobs completed please visit our website at www.jfarrier.com.
CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCEJay Farrier Development, Phoenix, AZ 2007 to present
- Commercial and Residential Construction
- Customer Service 1997
- Tract Foreman, 1995 - 1996
- Foreman, 1994 - 1995 (Tract and Custom homes)
- Leadman, 1994
- Journeyman carpenter, 1992 - 1993 (Tract and Custom homes)
- Truss builder
- Journeyman carpenter, Tract and Custom homes
- Assistant Superintendent / Custom homes
- Framing laborer, Custom homes